Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has received several key assignments following his service in the First Presidency. Elder Uchtdorf served as second counselor to President Thomas S. Monson, who passed away on January 2, 2018.
At the announcement of a new First Presidency on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, President Russell M. Nelson, the 17th president of the Church, thanked Elder Uchtdorf for his “totally capable, devoted, and inspired [service].” President Nelson said Elder Uchtdorf “has resumed his place in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and has already received major assignments for which he is uniquely qualified … and where he is needed most.”
The assignments given to Elder Uchtdorf include chair of the Missionary Executive Council, chair of the Correlation Executive Council and the primary contact for the Europe and Europe East Areas.
Elder Uchtdorf will represent the Office of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve in his capacity as chair of the Missionary Executive Council, where he will direct the global operation of all missionary activities of the Church. The Correlation Executive Council reviews and approves all Church materials and products.
Prior to his calling as an apostle in 2004, Elder Uchtdorf spent much of his life working and serving in various Church leadership positions in Europe. He was born in Czechoslovakia and lived in Germany, where he and his family joined the Church.
Our audience of parents and teachers spoke, and we delivered; Education.com is proud to unveil...Assignments! This new site feature allows users to choose from our hundreds of engaging learning games and exercises to create assignments for students. See below for details and simple instructions on how to use this exciting new feature:
How to Assign Games or Exercises
- Select a game or exercise that you would like to assign.
- Click on the "Assign" button.
- From here, you have two options: Add the game or exercise to a new assignment, or add to an existing assignment.
- If you're creating a new assignment, give it a name. Adding a description or due date is optional. Click "Next".
- Select the child(ren) you want to send this assignment to, then click "Done". You will see a confirmation message once it has been successfully assigned.
How Children Can Access Their Assignments
- Your students can log in through your Pro membership log-in, or at learn.education.com by entering the Classroom Mode code.
- Once your child selects their profile, they will land on our main menu where they will see available assignments and due dates (if applicable).
- To complete the assignments, students click on the games or exercises listed on the assignment page, play, learn, and have fun!
- The main menu also allows students to see their progress in each individual game and exercise in the assignment.
Track Assignment Progress
As your child completes each assignment, you'll be able to track their performance in the Assignments tab of our Progress Tracker. You'll also be able to make edits to assignments from here, like removing games or exercises, or changing the due date.
We're very excited about our new assignments feature. For us, it represents our continued commitment to making our products easier and more useful to teachers, parents, and young learners. To that end, please feel free to give us your candid feedback. We'd love to know how we're doing and what can be improved.