A List of Intriguing World History Essay Topics for High School
High school students should prepare for some bad news: history essays are an integral part of their future. Since history is generally taught through ideas and developments, teachers often assign history essays. While a world history may be a student's first experience of this type of essay, it will not be their last. To get started on the essay, students should consider some of the following topics.
- How did the Catholic Church lead European governance during the Middle Ages?
- How did the art patronage system work during the Renaissance?
- Were the Dark Ages actually a time of cultural regression outside of Europe?
- How did small pox influence the colonization of the Americas?
- How did the role of peasants in western Europe compare to the role of serfs in Russia?
- What impact did Buddhism have on the Chinese empire?
- How did geography shape Greek history?
- How did World War I directly influence the beginning of World War II?
- What factors led to the rise of William the Conqueror as the king of England?
- What caused the Panic of 1819 and the first economic downturn of the United States?
- What was the role of the Tokugawa shogunate in Japanese history?
- Why was the generation following World War I known as the “Lost Generation”?
- What role did the Golden Age play in developing Western Civilization?
- How did Medieval Canon Law influence the status of marriage?
- How did the Industrial Age influence Karl Marx's writing of the Communist Manifesto?
- What was the Christmas Truce in World War II and why did it occur?
- What was the role of slavery and slave rebellions in Jamaica's past?
- How did the Bubonic Plague influence drastic changes in European society?
- How did the United States play a role in the creation of Panama?
- What brought about the end of apartheid in South Africa?
- Were pirates viewed as 16th century Robin Hoods or barbarians while they were alive?
- How did the Spanish-American War begin the United States' rise as a colonial power?
- Why did the United States force Japan to adopt Article IX in their post-World War II constitution?
- What caused Britain to stop using the gold standard following World War I?
- How did concepts from the Enlightenment and writers like Rousseau influence the start of the French Revolution?
- What role did Pol Pot play in creating modern Cambodia? How did he have a negative impact on the country?
- How have Chinese and Japanese relations developed over the centuries?
If you are enrolled in a course of civilization of any kind – then comes a time when you are asked to write a paper on a civilization term paper topic. In this case – you have to write a splendid paper which will cover all the material which you discussed in class, and express your personal opinion. These days, not every student knows how to write a good term paper on any of the civilization term paper topics. In order to succeed in this activity – a student needs to know the theory of writing term papers, as well as possess some knowledge on the civilization topic.
The first thing you need to figure out for yourself is the topic of your term paper. There are various civilization term paper topics where you can apply yourself, but you need to choose only one, which will show your knowledge on all other civilization term paper topics.
The possible civilization term paper topics are:
- America in the 18th century
- England before 1700
- France before 1700
- European history term paper topic
- The culture of Europe in the 17th-19th centuries
- Mixed and controversial issues of western civilization
All these civilization term paper topics are good to write about and discuss, but all of them are tricky. Not every student knows that if you want to get a good grade – you need to show your knowledge on several civilization term paper topics, and that is when comparison comes in handy. If you are writing about France before 1700 – you have to compare France to England, and many other countries. This way you will show your professor, that even though you chose France as the main topic of your discussion, you still are proficient in other country’s history.
Always stay focused on your topic. As soon as you start writing something – your mind will want to bounce from topic to topic, and discuss everything you want to, but you need to control yourself and stay focused on something specific.
When you have chosen a topic – you need to come up with a smart hypothesis. You need one string idea or an argument, to lead you through the whole civilization term paper. It could be something of your own observation. If you do that – you will need a bunch of supportive arguments to prove your point. This is the whole point of a quality civilization term paper – and if you follow these simple instructions – you will definitely succeed in writing your paper on any civilization term paper topic.
If you feel that writing on your civilization term paper topic is too complicated – you can ask CustomWritings.com for help and quality term paper assistance. We are here to help striving students get over with their civilization term papers and help them get high grades for their paper.
Our professional writers will share their experience and expertise in any civilization term paper topic and will show you how a great civilization term paper is done.
All our papers on civilization topics are written from scratch and 100% plagiarism free. We always control the quality of every custom written civilization term paper. Our writers always follow the instructions that come with the order. We have very strict policies towards this. SO be sure that you will be pleasantly surprised with your custom written civilization term paper.
Here’s a list of the most popular civilization term paper topics:
1. The Inca Civilization
2. Symbols of Civilization
3. Civilization Deteriorates to Savagery
4. Ancient Civilization
5. The Brilliant Maya Civilization
6. Lord of the Flies: Civilization and Savagery
7. The Birth of Civilization
8. Early Western Civilizations
9. Egypt Civilization
10. Monks Saved Western Civilization
11. Contributions to Western Civilization from Ancient Greeks
12. Geography: Its Influence on the Development of Civilizations
13. Three Major Contributions to Civilization
14. The Ancient African Civilization Aksum
15. Freud in Civilization
16. Use of Civilization in Grendel
17. Destruction of Civilization
18. Egyptian and Sumerian Civilizations
19. Ethics in Western Civilization
20. History of Western Civilization: Industrial Revolution
21. Indian Civilization
0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
Tags: civilization term paper, civilization term paper topics, Term Paper Help, term paper topics